As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
COVID-19 and impact on peer review
Announcing the launch of In Review
Journal of Ovarian Research, in partnership with Research Square, is now offering In Review. Authors choosing this free optional service will be able to:
- Share their work with fellow researchers to read, comment on, and cite even before publication
- Showcase their work to funders and others with a citable DOI while it is still under review
- Track their manuscript - including seeing when reviewers are invited, and when reports are received
New reviewer recruitment
The Journal of Ovarian Research invites you to join our team of reviewers in assessing manuscripts. For consideration, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Detailed epidemiologic descriptions of large populations of advanced-stage ovarian cancer patients have been lacking to date. This study aimed to describe the patient characteristics, treatment patterns, survival, and incidence rates of health outcomes of interest (HOI) in a large cohort of advanced-stage ovarian cancer patients in the United States (US).
Aims and scope
Journal of Ovarian Research is an open access, peer reviewed, online journal that aims to provide a forum for high-quality basic and clinical research on ovarian function, abnormalities, and cancer. The journal focuses on research that provides new insights into ovarian functions as well as prevention and treatment of diseases afflicting the organ.
Topical areas include, but are not restricted to:
- Ovary development, hormone secretion and regulation
- Follicle growth and ovulation
- Infertility and Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Regulation of pituitary and other biological functions by ovarian hormones
- Ovarian cancer, its prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- Drug development and screening
- Role of stem cells in ovary development and function
Journal of Ovarian Research is affiliated with the CROWN initiative, Core Outcomes in Women’s Health. CROWN is an international initiative, led by journal editors, to harmonise outcome reporting in women’s health research. We are coming together to address the widespread, unwarranted variation in reporting of outcomes. CROWN’s main aim is to encourage researchers to report core outcome sets for key conditions in women’s health.
Sham S Kakar, University of Louisville, USA
Benjamin K Tsang, University of Ottawa, Canada
Annual Journal Metrics
68 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
54 days to first decision for all manuscripts
123 days from submission to acceptance
18 days from acceptance to publication
2.989 - 2-year Impact Factor
2.909 - 5-year Impact Factor
1.004 - Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP)
0.927 - SCImago Journal Rank (SJR)
196 Altmetric mentions